Press "Enter" to skip to content

Coronavirus: Doug Ford says Ontario has entered 2nd wave of COVID-19 | FULL



Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced Monday that the province has entered a second wave in the novel coronavirus pandemic, which he said would be “more complicated, more complex” and worse than the first wave earlier in the year.

Ford added that Ontarians’ actions would determine “if we face a wave or a tsunami.”
Ontario on Monday reported 700 new cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, marking a new record for the most daily infections ever recorded in the province.

Ontario’s chief medical officer Dr. David Williams, meanwhile, agreed that this second wave has the “potential” to be worse, but also said Ontario is now testing more people than it was during the first wave and said younger communities are being more greatly affected.

Health Minister Christine Elliott stressed the actions the government has taken to curb the spread of the virus, and when asked about a request from the Ontario Hospital Association that some regions return to Phase 2 of the province’s COVID-19 lockdown said officials didn’t want to take that step “unless we absolutely have to.”

For more info, please go to

Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#GlobalNews #Ontario #Coronavirus #COVID19

source

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.