Press "Enter" to skip to content

US election 2020 live – Donald Trump to pull 2,000 troops from Afghanistan by mid-January


PRESIDENT Donald Trump will pull 2,000 troops from Afghanistan by mid-January, the Pentagon announced on Tuesday.

Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller troops in the country will be cut from 4,500 to 2,500.

He said the number of troops in Iraq will also be reduced from 3,000 to 2,500.

“By January 15, 2021, our forces, their size in Afghanistan, will be 2,500 troops. Our force size in Iraq will also be 2,500 by that same date,” Miller told reporters.

It comes as Trump had to be talked out of a missile strike on Iran last week, according to new reports.

With just two months remaining of his presidency, Trump considered risking a massive new war in the Middle East with a dramatic targeted strike on Tehran’s nuclear facilities.

Follow our US Election 2020 blog for the latest news and updates





Source link

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Mission News Theme by Compete Themes.